Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Just a few old and new....

I got this idea from my cousin Andrea. I started thinking about the different cars we've had. So here it goes:

This is not an actual picture but my scanner is broken so I just found one online. Plus I have NEVER lived anywhere this cold.....

My very first car in high school was a 1985 Lincoln Town car. It was pimp! We had so much fun in that car. It was the ride of all rides. The funny thing is that when I traded it in for this 1993 Nissan Sentra:

They only gave my $800.00 for it. So then I drove the Sentra for about 4 years. Just in time to pay it off and then total it in a hit and run accident. That was the second accident in that car but I loved it. It was sporty and dependable. Even when I ran it out of oil once and then burned the clutch up in it.

So once the insurance company totalled it, Aaron and I were engaged to be married so we bought a 1997 Saturn.Aaron was driving his 1993 Dodge Dakota and we used it as our "nice" vehicle.
When Alyson was born I was driving the Saturn and Aaron was driving the Dakota. When Alyson was about 13 months old we bought our first Ford Expedition.
Aaron still drove the Dakota and I drove the Expedition after trading in the Saturn. In 2004, we traded the 97 Expedition for the 2003 Expedition. Aaron drives the Expedition because we sold the Dakota about a year ago and I drive my 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE. I LOVE it and I can't believe I didn't make the switch until after having Alivia. It is not this color. Mine is a dark grey color.

We also bought a Dodge Neon off of ebay in 2003. It was a cute little car but ended up selling it about a year and a half after buying it.

None of these pictures are actual pictures of our cars but I tried to find ones that were pretty close. We are happy with our current vehicle situation. I love having new vehicles but I also love not having HUGE payments too.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Yeah, those payments can be pesky...So, yeah, Annette said that Jeremy's sister was there when Tyson asked and I guess her jaw about hit the floor! She said you could tell that he had absolutely NO CLUE what it meant or how gross a word it was by the way he nonchalantly asked her about it!