Thursday, April 3, 2008

Gas is too out of control....



Especially when your driving that. Last spring/summer we took so many trips in our trusty ole' motor home but this season is going to be a little different because the cost to fill her up is CRAZY!!!!!

We bought this motor home in March 2007. We have used it 11 times since we bought it. We picked it up for $5,000 and did a little work to it. Okay - it was more than just a little work but it was all sweat equity work and now it's doubled in value.

We took it out over Easter weekend and have a few more trips planned but nothing like last year. We've had to eliminate a few trips (ie..Coral Pink and Gifford work project in Kolob) but we still plan on going to Manti, a few reunions, and a trip or two to Eagle Valley.

We've talked about selling it and getting us another trailer but I LOVE traveling in the motor home. The girls have access to the bathroom, we can go get cold drinks out of the fridge while traveling, TONS and TONS of room for storage, and I love being able to pack a few things and go because everything is already packed. I guess for now, we'll keep it and hope gas prices go down or we may be in the market for a new "rig" next season.

3 comments:

Brady Fam said...

So fun. I got attached to our family's RV's in the past... such great, everlasting memories. Dave n' I are going to rent an RV and do a CA coast trip this summer (ya, toward the end-- all the more motivation to get better quickly). Oh, we have this gas stuff that would probably be great for you; check out www.mysyntek.com/lessgas. We've been putting it to good use!

Andrea said...

I can't imagine how bad it must be in that big thing. I hate how much it costs these days, I keep toying with the idea of getting rid of my Tahoe to get a car. I just can't make myself do it though.

Erin said...

Yeah, the other day when we were in CA gas was $3.88 a gallon. INSANE!!! I can't blame you for knocking off a few trips from your list. It's just too out of control.