Thursday, February 21, 2008

Today I am grateful for....

Platinum Extended Warranties!!!!

I've been complaining for the last few weeks about my brakes making a really horrible noise. So last night Aaron checked my brake pads in the front and back. Well, as he was checking the front brakes he noticed a leak from my water pump. He ended up replacing the back brakes because the front ones were okay for now. He thinks I drive too fast so of course I got a lecture about the wear and tear of brakes. YEAH! YEAH!

I made an appointment to take the van in at 10am this morning. Went pretty smoothly. I also mentioned to the service manager about the passenger side door trying to smash my kids every now and then. Sometimes it will open half way and then just start closing automatically. Luckily it does have a safety feature so it wouldn't have smashed them completely. My DVD screen is loose and I am SOOOO sick of hearing "Mom push it back". Meaning, it wiggled forward and they couldn't see it that great!

Also, some radiator gasket was missing, the power steering was leaking fluid, and I have a belt about to bust. Plus, the coolant for the water pump is green and it should be red. HUH? I guess we'll have to blame good ole' Jiffy Lube for that one.

Anyways, ALL of these repairs are covered under our Platinum Extended Warranty. YEAH! Even a rental car was covered! 2008 Toyota Camry. Not sure if we'll ever use the amount of money we paid for the warranty but for now, I will pick up my van tomorrow without paying a cent!!!!

So I am grateful for a husband that can save me money by replacing my brakes. (that was not a covered item) and for our decision 2 years ago to purchase this wonderfully expensive warranty!!!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I'm glad that Jeremy can do that kind of stuff too. Saves alot of time, money and hassle.