Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Abby

Since I did a post about Alivia, I thought I would include one on Abby.

Abby Christine Egbert is a true blessing. To know Abby is to love Abby. Unless, you get her wet when she's not expecting it, if she can't do something right the first time, if she doesn't bring home all A's every week, if the cat or dog get on her bed, if she can't find her homework folder, if she's tired, if she thinks we are going to be late, if her pants are too tight on her ankle, if you tease her about boys, if she's not the first one to the van everyday, if one hair is out of place in the morning or if it drys before she gets her headband on. She is pretty picky with her food compared to the other girls.











However, Abby is the most generous, thoughtful, and caring person I know. She is always worried about other people. For example, a little boy in her class handed out little stuffed animals for Valentine's. Well, the kids in the class started punching the little stuffed animal in front of Miguel. It made Abby so sad becasue she thought Miguel's feeling were getting hurt by them doing that. She was almost in tears when she was telling me what the other kids were doing. She has an incredible smile that complete strangers are drawn to. I never have to remind her about taking care of her glasses. The eye doctor is always amazed that we don't have to come in and fix her glasses all the time. She is a tough little girl and has been through some difficult things. She was in the hospital last year and didn't complain the whole time. She even took out her own I.V. My heart breaks for her sometimes because she is so sweet and I know I will never be able to show her how much I love and appreciate her!

No comments: