Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Plunge

Well, most of you know that I was a competitive swimmer for lots of years growing up. I lived at swim practices and swim meets. I was Top 16 in the nation and a Junior Olympic swimmer in several events (I really need to fix my scanner because I have some really neat pictures). Anyways, I went and worked out at the pool today. The whole time I was swimming, I thought to myself, "Why haven't I been doing this everyday of my adult life?" It is such a great way to exercise since it works every muscle in your body. I know why!!!! I kept thinking "I will go when I get skinnier" and since that is not happening too fast, I took the plunge today! I guess, with age, you stop caring what other people are thinking.

I am swimming with Christian, our friends son, because he really enjoys swimming and wants to improve. So while I am getting in a little exercise, I am also helping him become a stronger swimmer. The lap swimming times are a little crazy at Desert Breeze so we are going to shoot for at least 3 times a week for now. I can't believe how great I feel this evening. I am already planning to go to the gym tomorrow morning and also swimming tomorrow before soccer practice.

I would LOVE to start my own swim team! I'm always asking myself "What am I doing coaching soccer?" I love soccer too but with my knees, I don't think I could play on an adult league or anything.

Well, time to sit down and read Harry Potter with Alyson. Who, by the way, asked to read Twilight. WHAT????? Yeah, right!!!!! You are 9 years old. There are a few girls in her class reading it. Whatever happen to Little House on the Prairie or Tales of the 4th Grade Nothing????

No comments: