Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pros and Cons

I know you all want to see a picture of my new hair, but it's really hard to take a picture of yourself. I will try and remember to have Aaron snap a picture in the next few days.

So, about twice a year I go through this thing of really wanting to move to Alamo. Usually the urge goes away after I realize I am (for the most part) happy to live in Vegas. The girls have good friends, good teachers, and we are comfortable here. I thought I needed to make a Pros and Cons list of moving to Alamo. So, here it is...

Cons
Limited activities for kids
Not having amenities close by
Traveling for Dr. appts. (trips to urgent care at 2am)
Leaving friends we have now
Aaron might have to commute for awhile
Kids get bored and in trouble (just like Vegas)
Favoritism by some teachers and coaches
Some of the teachers scare me
No soccer or swimming or rec. centers (i would sooo miss those)
No Fast Food!!

Pros
Close to lots of friends I've had since H.S.
Pay off all debts (if we could sell our house)
Help my Grandma with my Grandpa
Smaller schools
Space to roam
More trees and grass
Mom in same town
LDS community
One hallway High School
Community looks over their own
Family
Community is growing a little
Slower pace of life
No Fast Food!!

Alamo is a great place and I loved going to High School there. I think the girls would like it there too. It's a big decision and I don't think I will EVER make up my mind!!!!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

It is so hard to choose! can't wait to see your hair!!!!

Jessica said...

That is a hard choice to make. I want to move there really bad, but there are things that I would miss about Vegas. Especially the fact that you can't just run to target whenever you need something.

Liz Prisbrey said...

That is a beautiful picutre!

I wish I was of some help on this decision, but we find ourselves going through the same emotions with Cedar. We have decided to make a four year plan to get there. If it works out, then we were meant to go! :-)

The Wachel Family said...

Don't leave us!!!! Actually who could blame you. My vote is a move to Alamo.