Friday, September 5, 2008

Great Grandma....

Hazel L. McVay

McVay, Hazel L., 97, passed away peacefully Sept. 3, 2008. She was born Feb. 23, 1911in Idabelle, OK, to David Anthony and Pearl (Goodman) Morris. She was a homemaker and married Charles McVay on Dec. 31, 1938, who preceded her in death. Also preceded in death by parents, infant daughter, Bobbie and grandson, Patrick. Left to celebrate her life filled with memories are daughter, Jerry (Kenneth) Bean of Wichita; sons, Ben (Linda) Tidwell of Alamo, NV, Tom (Ann) Tidwell of Desert Hot Springs, CA, Charles Jr. (Barbara) McVay of Wichita; 17 grandchildren; several great-grandchildren & great-great-grandchildren; companion, Aaron Taylor. Celebration of life 1:30 p.m. Monday, Old Mission Mortuary, family and friends gathering at noon for visitation. Final interment at Old Mission Cemetery, Garden of Love. Memorials: Faith Chapel, 6808 E. Harry, c/o Food Pantry, Wichita 67207. Condolences: www.oldmissionmortuary.com.

She lived a great life full of service to others and her church. I hope if I am lucky enough to live until 97 years old, I can be as healthy and active as she was.

My Grandpa, her son, is in the hospital and we are not sure what's going to happen. I am terrified of losing him. Does he know how much I love him? Does he know the summers spent with him were my favorite? Does he know how grateful I am that he's lived in Alamo for the last 15 years? Does he know that I could sit for hours listening to him tell stories? Does he know how much my kids and husband adore him? Does he realize the little things that will be etched in my memory forever?

2 comments:

The Wachel Family said...

So sorry to hear about your GreatGrandma Robin, it's always tough to lose a loved one. As for your Gramps...write him a letter and put everything in writing that you talked about in your blog. I know he will appreciate it and it will definitely make you feel better. It's been awhile since my grandparents passed away, but you truly lose a bit of yourself when they pass.

Liz Prisbrey said...

Robin, I am sorry to hear about your grandma. How lucky she was to live such a long life. It is almost bitter sweet at this age because I am sure she will be missed greatly, but she will also be reunited with those she loved most.
Also, I am sure your grandpa knows all of those things. A person can't love someone so much for with out the other feeling it. If you are still worried though, I think he should definetly get a copy of the blog you just posted because it is so sweet.
My prayers are with you family.