Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Mixed Feelings....

I have so many mixed feeling today.

1. My Great-Grandma, 98 years old, died today. She is my Grandpa Tidwell's mom and lived in Kansas. I didn't know her too well because she's always lived so far away. I remember her coming to our house to visit a few time. What a great life she lived!!!!
2. My Grandpa Tidwell will be in town again today for some more testing. Poor guy, I know he's not up for it.

3. We have our first soccer game on Saturday and I am way NERVOUS. We've only lost 1 game in 3 season but I think this season will be different. The league moved us to the highest division so we play mostly club teams. We scrimmaged another team last night and got trash kicked bad!!! I know at this age it should be about having fun, but I really hate to lose.

4. I am struggling with Alyson's soccer team. She is on the same team as last season but the girls are not nice and she is having a hard time. This team has lost several GOOD players because of a few "mean girls". I didn't want Alyson to switch teams because I know in life you have to learn to deal with these kind of people. It breaks my heart though because Alyson is such a sweet, loving,easy going kid. I got in bed with her last night explaining that these girls are not going to make or break her life. Plus, she's a better soccer player and can outplay any of them!!!! I am regretting my decision and wish I would have made the switch like a few other players did.

5. Alivia starts preschool today!!! WHOO! HOOO! She dropped out last year but is way excited about going this year. She only goes 2 days a week for 2 hours but it's better than nothing. I plan on going to the gym while she's at school.

6. We are only a week and few days into school and I am already SICK of homework. I guess it's the days we have soccer that are the hardest. It seems like Alyson is always dragging her feet and never finishes it all before we have to leave for practice. She's got plenty of time to get it done. I feel like I am always nagging her to hurry up.

You're Gonna Miss This or Then They Do by Trace Adkins is what is running through my mind right now!

5 comments:

Brittany said...

That is amazing that you still had a great grandma! I hope things go well with your grandfather. Good luck with the soccer!

Andrea said...

I know what you mean about the homework. It's going to be a tight squeeze during football to get homework and piano done with football practice thrown into the mix...Oh, and you know, the little things like dinner...

Liz Prisbrey said...

I am sorry to hear about your great-grandma. I hope your grandpa is doing well. Too many things at once.

That is so awesome that Alison is such a good soccer player. Those other girls are just haters!

The Wachel Family said...

I hear ya on the homework stuff..HATE it! Good advice to Alyson, she is getting to really tough age as we all remember. But, she's got a great head on her shoulders and she will be just FINE!

The Wachel Family said...

PS...so sorry about your great grandma. No matter how far removed, we still feel it. My prayers are with your Gramps.