Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Update on Gramps...

I thought I would post a quick update on my grandpa. He's been home (in Alamo) for over a week now and is doing better. He was in the hospital for 17 LONG days and some of those days were pretty grim. He's a tough ole' goat and the doctors call him a miracle. Of course he is a miracle, he's my grandpa!!! So many people were praying for him and we continue praying for him daily.

We've been staying pretty busy. Alivia is in preschool 2 days a week (across town), gymnastics and soccer. Alyson is still in piano, soccer (0f course), achievement days and she has a solo in their school play. She would be involved in everything if she had time. Abby is still doing soccer, pulling straight A's and is also in the school play. I am coaching Abby's team still and help out with Alivia's team too. Aaron just works and goes where we tell him...LOL!!! Also, now that the weather is cooling off, the girls spend any extra time outside riding bikes or jumping on the tramp. Life is good!

I love this quote and makes it all worth it...

"Little you can give each other in the family is more powerful than the gift of time, laden with personal interest. It say's "I am here for you. I give you my time.""

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Good to know your grandpa is doing better.

The Wachel Family said...

Glad Gramps is doing so well! Man, you better start crackin' that whip Robin...geez, come up for air once in awhile ok?

Liz Prisbrey said...

That quote is so true!

I am glad to hear your grandpa is doing better.

Are you going to post a picture of your new cut or have you not done it yet??

Jessica said...

I am glad that your grandpa is doing better. Sounds like you have a very busy schedule!!