Monday, January 14, 2008

3 is our number

Well, since I am only having 3 kids I am stuck on what to do with all the baby quilts I have. Of course, I will keep (and treasure) the ones my cousin, Andrea, made for each of my girls. All the others really have no significance. I've kept a couple for the girls to play with but I still have SOOO many. I haven't been able to bring myself to donating them to DI either. I've often thought about giving them to other people that are having babies. It always seems like everybody has plenty of baby blankets. What to do, I am stuck...

Our ward is having a New to Me enrichment. We are setting up our stuff that we no longer need or want and everybody can walk around and take what they need or want from somebody else. Everything else will be donated to Shade Tree. That might be an idea.

This is all part of my clutter free way of living, which is going very well. Still have a few more closets and cupboards but I am on my way...

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I know what you mean. I had so many quilts for the boys. I kept the ones that were hand made by family, and got rid of the rest of them. Just gave them to the DI or whatever. It's hard with stuff like that because you always end up thinking, "What if someone needs it.." You just gotta do it.