Tuesday, December 18, 2007

One more try...

I thought I would give the blogging world a try again. I didn't do a very good job keeping up with it before but I love read other blogs so I thought I would give it a try again.

We just returned home from a trip to Disneyland with my mom, brother, and stepdad. We went to Disneyland/California Adventure on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, Aaron, the kids and I went to SeaWorld since we had passes that expire at the end of the year.

Disneyland is beautiful this time of year and I can't even imagine all the time and effort that goes into getting the park ready for the holidays.



We found out that the park employees 28,000 people and that they have 3 shifts everyday of the week. We also found out that starting salary is $9.05/hour. Alyson is tall enough to ride EVERY ride in both parks and the faster the better for her. Abby was finally tall enough to ride Indiana Jones. She's been waiting for soooo long!

SeaWorld was fun. We fed the dolphins and watched the Shamu Holiday Show. It was very well done and the music was amazing. I had to explain to the kids that "Shamu" was a stage name and that the original Shamu has been dead for awhile. They thought Shamu had lots of babies. I had to laugh because Alyson said she would like to move to San Diego and work at SeaWorld with the doplhins and whales. I remember having the same feelings as a kid. I loved that place! Still do.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hey, I'm glad you found me! Glad you had a fun time on your trip but I seriously cannot believe that you went this time of year! That's just crazy! Jess is sad too because she knows that Jaidyn will miss coming to your house. I told her you guys would just have to meet up to let the girls play every so often!