Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

I love Mother's Day! I love how excited my kids are to bring me breakfast in bed along with a few present. I love how Aaron makes it exciting for them and makes a big deal about it. I love going to church and listening to the primary sing a song for us. It's just a special time of the year and it makes me want to continue being a good mom. It even makes me wish to be a better mom because I realize how much they rely on me to set a good example.We had a pretty good weekend. We didn't do much Friday night because I wasn't feeling well. Thursday I had some sort of stomach flu. It was weird but I am feeling better now. Saturday we only had 1 soccer game and we ended in a tie 1-1. Abby and a few other girls were knocked around a bunch during the game. The team we played tripped, pulled on uniforms, and shoved. So frustrating as the coach because we are not allowed to say anything to the referees. So it was hard to watch my girls get shoved around. Abby came home with bloody, scrapped up knees. I asked Aaron to take some pictures of Abby playing but of course, I don't think he ever got up out of his chair to get any close ups. Coaching makes it hard to take pictures! Abby's the one with her leg pulled back ready to kick the ball. Abby pushed again by the red head girl that looked like she was 10.
I don't mean to be a bad sport but I hate Neusport!!!!

Alyson didn't have a game so we came home and did some work around the house. Aaron had a side job to do so the girls and I just hung out and watched Princess Diaries, AGAIN!!! We went out to dinner with our friends, The Orme's, last night and had some Prime Rib!! Yummy!!! I saved almost all my points (and ran 2 miles) for dinner and didn't even have to use them all. We had fun at dinner and laughed almost the entire time. We have a super busy week coming up and an even busier weekend. I hope to remember to bring my camera!!!

2 comments:

Brittany said...

Hi guys how are you? We miss our friends from the old ward! I am glad to see you are doing well!!! Lots of love,
Brittany Petersen

Ramona said...

I agree that Mother's Day is one of the best days of the year! I'm so glad you had a nice day. Your girls are so adorable!!